Wednesday, December 15, 2010

User Instructions:

I recently had the privilege of being able to use one the Surface tables in an AT&T store in Washington, DC. The applications were specific to AT&T but I was able to set a cell phone on
he surface and watch as the data appeared on the screen. I could pull opposite corners of a picture to enlarge it. I brought up the service area map and then was able to go to South Carolina and magnify it all the way down until I could see my street. I was able to manipulate the data that was extracted all with the touch of my fingertips. I was able to do this while another customer was standing on the other side processing their own research of the AT&T phones.
With the scenario I would like to see evolve, the instructions would be pretty simple. There would be a central Surface in each classroom operated by the teacher. Each student’s desk top would be replaced by a multi-touch surface which would be linked to the teacher’s Surface. Each student would have a username and password and their data or work would be stored on a central server so that they could access it from any Surface in the school. Once they log in at their desk, they would continue as if it were a regular computer and follow along as the teacher goes through the daily lessons.
Additional Information: Microsoft Surface: http://www.microsoft.com/surface/index.html

No comments:

Post a Comment